Don’t panic, Antique residents told

 Location map photo courtesy of zamboanga.com

by Philippines News Agency
August 16, 2016

SAN JOSE DE BUENAVISTA, Antique — An official of the Antique Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office has advised residents not to panic as there are no tsunami warnings after a 5.3 magnitude earthquake hit the province Monday evening.

PDRRM Officer Broderick Train said in an interview local disaster authorities are now conducting post evaluation of the tremor by inspecting infrastructures for possible cracks caused by the tremor.

Train said that there is yet no official report submitted to his office about the extent of the quake’s damages.

Residents were jolted by the tremor that injured a saleslady at Gaisano Antique mall after she scampered away. She is now confined at the Angel Salazar Memorial General Hospital here.

Meanwhile, the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) said power transmission services remain stable.

The NGCP grid remains intact as there had been no reported cases of power interruptions and damaged transmission facilities in Western Visayas area.

The tremor was felt in the municipalities of Valderrama, Tibiao, San Jose de Buenavista and San Remegio.

Intensity 4 was also felt in Iloilo City, Anini-y, Sibalom, Sebaste and Hamtic, Antique.

 

Share this:

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather
Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinrssyoutubeFacebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinrssyoutubeby feather

You May Also Like